One of the most incredible feelings is connecting with others while traveling, even when you’re half away around the world. Calling hotels, getting directions, sharing photos, and using apps are just some of the ways that having a mobile phone with connectivity can improve your travel experience. Roaming the world with your phone used to be an expensive luxury, but is quickly becoming a normal and expected feature as carriers compete for your business. As of late 2017, two mobile phone services currently have the most simple and cost effective roaming plans for US travelers, and that’s T-Mobile and Google’s Project Fi.
In this video, we review the mobile phone services, as well as provide tips on using your phone while traveling abroad.
– SERVICE: T-Mobile International Rates
– SERVICE: Project Fi International Rates
– ARTICLE: “International roaming: which carrier is best?” (WhistleOut)
– ARTICLE: “Best Phone for International Calls, Texts, and Data” (Million Mile Secrets)
– ARTICLE: “Best International Phone Plans: What Travelers Need to Know” (Tom’s Guide)