We recently had one of our worst travel experiences when visiting a timeshare/vacation club resort (Mayan Palace Riviera Maya) near Playa del Carmen. We thought we would share our story, and explain the difference between timeshares and vacation club resorts.
Luckily, we were able use Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book a stay at the Andaz Mayakoba, which was the complete opposite experience (i.e., great customer service and fantastic experience). It’s a testament to how points can give you options and opportunities, even while on a trip!
– “Return of the Timeshare” (The Telegraph)
– “Is it Timeshare … or a Long Term Holiday Club? How to know the difference” (Go Timeshare)
– “Is a Timeshare Vacation a Good Value?” (Consumer Reports)
– “The Truth about Vacation Clubs” (Smarter Travel)
– “Top 5 Timeshare Scams” (Castle Law)
– “Buying a Timeshare: Pros, Cons, and Form of Ownership” (NOLO)