We’ve all done it … Connecting to a free wifi network so we can read our messages or see our notifications, especially when we have no other options (e.g. when traveling abroad). However, connecting to a free public wifi hotspot puts your data at high risk.
In this video, we review the dangers when connecting to these networks, and what you can do to lower the risk. There’s no perfect solution, but there are simple and easy steps that you can take to protect yourself.
– “The Best VPN Service Is Private Internet Access” (Lifehacker)
– “Hot to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi Networks” (Lifehacker)
– “How to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi” (Gizmodo)
– “The Best VPN services of 2017” (CNET)
– “5 Ways Hackers Can Use Public Wi-Fi to Steal Your Identity” (Make Use Of)